Home » Latest » Mehbooba Mufti cuts short Delhi visit after Shopian killings..

Mehbooba Mufti cuts short Delhi visit after Shopian killings..

The Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday cut short her New Delhi visit and flew to Srinagar to review security scenario, day after 13 militants, four civilians and three army personnel were killed in three separate encounters.

A source said top brass of police and civil administration briefed the Chief Minister at her Gupkar residence about the situation in the Valley, particularly in south Kashmir that was swept by protests following the killings. The director general of Police SP Vaid, ADG CID and divisional commissioner Kashmir Baseer Khan attended the meeting. The Chief Minister would chair a security meeting tomorrow here to review the situation.

Earlier, during the day former chief minister Omar Abdullah took a dig at Mehbboba for “happily ensconced in her plush Delhi bungalow.”

“It’s amazing how @MehboobaMufti has accepted her irrelevance in Kashmir today. More than 24 hours after 3 fierce encounters & numerous deaths she still hasn’t arrived back in Srinagar,” Omar tweetd.

However following the meeting Mehbooba in a veiled reference to Omar’s tweet, said it was time to leave aside accusations and counter accusations and come together to for finding solution to Kashmir issue to end the cycle of violence.

“The violence from yesterday is a grim reminder of the fact that at times like these we must shed our differences & come together to think of new ways to reach out to the youth & find sustainable solutions to end the dreadful cycle of violence that is consuming them endlessly,” the Chief Minister tweeted.

In another tweet she said: “Every day it breaks my heart to see a wailing mother beckoning her son to return. So can we leave aside our accusations & counter accusations, put our heads together to save these young ones.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Check Also


Kashmiri engineering student assaulted in Bengaluru.

A 24-year-old Kashmiri student was assaulted by a group of youth in southeast Bengaluru on ...